Plan to Placement: A SMOP Training Course with a live patient in association with ImplantGuidePrint and Dentale
3D implant planning and the use of surgical templates solutions have become an indispensable part of modern comprehensive implant treatment. The course describes the different options of a full digital workflow and discusses relevant indications and advantages on the base of scientific data. The lecture gives a future outlook on upcoming innovations and a summary of the cost-benefit ratio and possible strategies for the practitioner.
Who is this course for?
For the implant dental surgeon, looking to utilise guided and digital surgery within their implant practice or to improve their knowledge of the subject.
What does the course cover?
This course covers aspects of guided implant surgery and digital planning using SMOP.
Who are the course tutors?
Florian C. Schober
- Pioneer and expert in digital dentistry, 3D implant planning and template-guided implant placement.
- Accomplished and internationally renowned lecturer and trainer in the field of 3D radiology, implant planning and template-guided implant placement
- Responsibility in numerous projects of process optimization, especially in the field of dental radiology, implant placement and dental education since 1999
- Master degree in industrial engineering from Technische Universität Berlin Germany with scholarships at LUISS Rome Italy and Hochschule St. Gallen Switzerland
- Senior Teacher and Researcher at the Department of Fixed & Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Material Sciences at the University of Zurich in Switzerland (Head: Prof. Dr. Christoph Hämmerle)
- President of the board of Swissmeda AG
- Member of the board of Digital Dental Life AG (Dental Campus)
Jason will present a patient case analysis, allowing the delegates to plan, the patient will then be present for the live surgery with a pre-printed guide. Jason has been using guided surgery for many years alongside conventional implant surgery
What are the course aims?
- To provide an understanding of the skills necessary for safe surgical practice using a surgical guide.
- To show how the use of guided surgery can improve accuracy and outcomes in implant dentistry.
- To understand the importance of digital planning.
- To acquire skills using planning software.
- Introduce the principles of guided surgery
What are the learning outcomes?
- Be able to plan a simple digital case and know when to seek assistance
- To acquire competency in planning using SMOP
- To be familiar with various guide options available
- To learn the basic principles of guided surgery.
- To consolidate knowledge about the history of 3Dplanning
- To have an understanding of patient data acquisition
- To have an understanding of how to assess patients
- To understand the terms used.
- To have knowledge of the skills necessary for assessing and treatment planning
- To have basic knowledge necessary to carry out digital implant surgery.
- Understand the advantages and indications for guided implant surgery
A full course programme is available by emailing email@example.com
This course fulfils the learning outcome C.
Taught by hands-on tuition in a clinical environment, under the supervision of a team of highly trained professional tutors, Dentale’s courses are run in accordance with the GDC guidelines.